Monday, April 11, 2011

Orange you glad it's Spring?


March 20th was the first day of Spring and also the day I fell in love with the color orange. I'm talking Florida's fresh squeezed orange juice orange. Sun sinking into the horizon orange. Bert's nose from Sesame Street orange. The Blogger logo orange. Yes, I happen to fall in love with it every where. It all began with just a fleeting attraction towards the Prada sunglasses ad featuring Lindsay Wixson.



Honestly, why wouldn't I want lips that resemble a melting orange creamsicle on a hot day? For months I was tormented by this ad; wanting to give in to my feelings but not knowing if the world was ready for such a union. It was still Winter then; the time of warm cozy colors or icy cold hues. I vowed to wait for Spring to confess my love and when March 20th came I did. I went in search for my perfect orange match. I found it in Sephora one fateful afternoon in April. The weather was a blend of sunshine and sweet breeze as I tried on the first orange lipstick that caught my eye. From the first brush of color onto my lips it was love at first sight.


Make Up Forever Rouge Artist Intense #40. Top it off with a clear or orange gloss to get that juicy fruit look.

No comments:

Post a Comment