Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Mon Jasmin Noir



While catching up on two of the latest Vogue magazines I found "Mon Jasmin Noir"; the new perfume from the Italian jewelry house Bvlgari. Translated from French it means "my black Jasmin". As my namesake, it only seemed fitting that I dedicate a blog to it.


The perfume blends notes of lily of the valley, Sambac jasmine, musky nougatine and vibrant woods to create a luminous and seductive fragrance. It is actually a modern version of Jasmin Noir that was released in 2008. The fragrance is more lively and bright, appealing to modern luxury and a younger yet sophisticated consumer. The elegant pearl-white bottle, classic gold cap, and sheer black ribbon exudes luxury that is synonymous with Bvlagri. The ad campaign features Kirsten Dunst wearing Bvlagri masterpieces in the uber-lush Boboli Gardens, Italy. Her sophistication and beauty countered by a majestic and very real lion. The over-sized bottle and the King of the Jungle lend to the theme of luxury and grandeur.

Besides my need to purchase everything with my name on it, spelled correctly I might add (no 'e' on the end), I am very impressed by this launch. The scent, the bottle, and the ad campaign come together as a beautifully created gem in the overly-celebrity-populated-fragrance industry. The frangrance can be found in stores such as Sephora, Nordstrom's, and Ulta at $105 for 2.5 oz. The price is a bit intimidating but, hey folks, it is by Bvlgari.








No comments:

Post a Comment