Monday, November 8, 2010

Rihanna Onboard!


"I know you! I know you!", wailed this crazy guy in the picture above. Without remembering I was in costume I looked at him bewildered until he whispered creepily in my ear: "You're Rihanna. I deserve a picture with you." And that's just one example of the outrageous recognitions from this night.

Here's another - "Omigawd Rihanna I love you", screamed a teenage girl onboard the Carinval Destiny cruise I was on for Halloween night as she grabbed on to me for a hug and had her friend snap a picture of us. Now I understand why sometimes celebrities are just tired of fans all over them!

Later that night I was dancing, in the middle of the dance floor of course, when one of my gay friends sashays up to me and while encircling me in true gay-dance-club-fashion says: "Rihanna you are the baddest B---- in here! Next to me of course!" Which was no exaggeration because earlier that night he was told by cruise management that he could not even walk around in his costume. Get this, he was the tin man. Spray painted silver with a silver speedo on. You just have to love it!

All in all I guess I pulled off the Rihanna 'costume' pretty good. Maybe I should enter it into People.com's Halloween celeb look-alike photos. Maybe not!
Either way I had fun being Rihanna - "Only girl in the world" for a night. I must admit it was hard trying to keep a straight face in pictures. After all Rihanna is Ms.Fierce since the whole Chris Brown fiasco. I tried my best to channel my inner "rebele fleur" to do her justice.

P.S. Props to Rihanna for being able to rock that red wig ALL THE TIME. It was torture for me! After half an hour on the dance floor I was ready to call it quits. However, in true Rihanna style I suffered through the pain for the rest of the night.
Question: What shall I do with my red wig now?

No comments:

Post a Comment