Thursday, October 21, 2010

Red Headed Halloween

Halloween is just around the corner.
It's the night when most people, teens and adults of course, choose to either unmask their evil sides or slutty sides.
Ghouls, and Freddy Kruegers, and 'Saw' puppets, and Vampires all abound in the night.
Slutty Strawberry Shortcakes, Bimbo Bumblebees, and Naughty Nurses prance in the streets.

I, on the other hand, plan to prance around as red headed Rihanna. To some that may be just as bad as a skanky sailor girl costume but to me it's an opportunity to embrace her fashion sense. She constantly pushes the limit with dramatic changes in hairstyles, high hemlines, and the always envied runway pieces worn as everyday pieces. I've always been told that I remind people of her and the fact that I'm from the islands as well has only enhanced the comparison. I figured, why not 'try her on for size'. So, I've purchased a loosely curled red wig (Rihanna's fiery new hairstyle) and I'm now scouring the internet and magazines for trademark outfits that I can mimic.
I'm really leaning towards trying something from her all-black-everything persona:

Will something similar to this be easily recognized as Rihanna??

No comments:

Post a Comment