Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Expressing myself with words...

An Ancient Song

An ancient song hums in my veins;
A song of history, of lives with no names.
Its drumming competes with the stubbornness of my hair
And, when I’m afraid its symphony soothes my fears.
See, this song is of truth, of triumph and tragedy.
If I know not myself, I know I am legendary.
For the makers of this music; of this magic have seen heaven.
They saw grasses of green energy,
And, skies of hope.
A sun so happy that his smile warmed them.
Now my skin is bronzed and tinted in hues above them…
Them, who do not hear the songs;
Who cannot comprehend them.
This song lives, it beats of a heart.
It quenches a thirst well known to the world.
Freedom and love; Music’s true art.
The beating of an ancient song
Is the tale of right being overshadowed by wrong.
And, in this soulful cacophony
I hear the cotton being picked…
No! Raped of God’s jewelry.
I’m the fruit of painful harmony.
Though, I sing off tune my life is its melody.
I breathe to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment